Last updated 21 February 2022
As the safety of our patients and staff remains our highest priority, we continue to maintain strict safety protocols on site, including physical distancing, hand hygiene and wearing of masks.
In light of the current COVID outbreak, we are no longer able to permit visitors into our hospital until further notice. Limited exceptions apply i.e. on compassionate grounds.
In line with NSW Health guidelines: we have expanded the compassionate grounds criteria for hospital visitors. On the basis of compassionate care, people will be allowed to visit a patient if:
- the patient is at end-of-life
- the patient is ill with a life-threatening condition or diagnosis
- it is beneficial for the patient's emotional or physical wellbeing, including for women who are giving birth
- the patient has a mental illness, and you are their designated Carer/Principal Care Provider as determined under the MH Act
- the patient is living with dementia or a cognitive impairment and you are their person responsible or person to contact
- you are required to provide an informal language service
- you are a carer of a patient with a disability
- you are accompanying someone to the emergency department or outpatient clinic
- you are supporting the patient's care upon leaving hospital
- the patient is under 16 and you are the patient's parent or guardian.
Please note that people wishing to visit the hospital on compassionate grounds will need to contact the hospital for approval prior to coming on site. Patients may have two visitors at any one time.
All permitted visitors must:
- have had two doses of a recognised vaccine (unless they have a medical exemption)
- have not tested positive to COVID-19 within the past 7 days
- are not a high-risk contact of someone who has COVID-19 in the previous 14 days
- do not have COVID-19 symptoms
- have not returned from overseas in the past 7 days
- have had at least one dose of vaccine if under 12 years of age
- wear a surgical mask correctly on entry and for the duration of the visit
All other existing visitor screening protocols remain in place.
Gate No 1 Cafe
During the current COVID restrictions:
The café will be open from 10am to 2pm for all staff and in-patients.
Unfortunately, the café will not be accessible for day therapy patients or members of the community during this 2 week lockdown period.
We apologise for any inconvenience caused during this time.
Meet Edmund and his team, enjoy a freshly ground coffee and pastry or try one of our gourmet sandwiches.
Free parking available, access via Bobbin Head Road.
We look forward to seeing you.
Contact the café on 02 94880164
We are located at 434 Bobbin Head Road, North Turramurra.
Take Bobbin Head Road north from the Pacific Highway at Pymble and continue for 5km.
We’re only 45 minutes from the City.
Car parking is available onsite, free of charge.
The nearest railway station is Turramurra. Shorelink Bus No. 577 departs from the bus terminal at Rohini Street, Turramurra, taking approximately 15 minutes to reach Lady Davidson Private Hospital.